Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Guest flu

Greetings

Guest flu
I have purchased a package of walk behind tractors, attachments and parts. I am glad I found this site so now I can get a clue on how to repair and operate these bad boys. The main tractor is a 7 HP Model VB ( I believe). It is rough looking but runs well and has a rear tiller that works great. I got a bunch of attachments and I'm still trying to figure how to use them. I need some parts for a sickle bar mower. I have three frames with tires and transmissions. One is yellow! If there are any members located in Central Massachusetts with parts for sale or are looking for parts, i would like to hear from you. I am still waiting for a manual from the seller. My wife thinks I am crazy, but for work around a small tree farm/woodlot I think the ol' girl will do alright. I'm glad to be a new member and to have found this site.

ka9bxg
I use a V A for tilling all the time does a great job and the nice part is that it does not jump around like most others.I use them for quite a few jobs here.Good luck with them lots of fun and if you have a cart they are really handy.Bob

arnoldir
Congrats on picking up a whole collection in one trip. Check in the Simpletractors home site under Simplicity and you will find a substantial amount of scanned parts diagrams and manuals in the "Walkers" section I have 2 of the Wards Plow Trac (same as Simplicity model V) and use them to pull a modern brinley lawn dethatcher and aerator and a box grader that will soon be sporting one of Dutch's serrated blades. The VB has a differential I believe, and is best suited for on-lawn activities like mowing and aerating. The V and other models have a solid axles and dog clutches on each wheel, so they will pull in a straight line with a plow or blade on them, but tear up the lawn with sharp turns. I just receintly picked up a VC with attachments and all parts have 98% original paint and decals, I had planned on using it for the lawn work but am hesitant to do anything but show her. If anybody near NY has a "beater" model VB or VC drop me a note.