Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1972 attachments on 1999 model?

Tony, The new Sovereigns use the same rear hitch and front mounting points as the old ones. My dealer told me that any of the new Sovereign attachments would fit my 1967 AC B12. I see no reason why they wouldn't fit. Maybe one of the pros can confirm if this is true or not. Tim

I have never seen a 1972 Simp 3410, but on my Allis tractors they lengthened the frame(to cover the front PTO)starting with the 1974 models, also the footrest became much larger. The front blade adaptor will not work on the newer tractors without modification. I use an old style snow blower on the Simplicity 7119 which I believe is the same as the current Soveriegn, just takes a longer belt and I had to modify the angle of the idler pulley. The rear hitch is the same but the PTO is different starting with the 1974 models, which would require a different belt. The lift point on the center blade may not work with the larger footrests on the newer tractor but I really dont know. My sickle bar mower will mount on the front mounting points but the footrests interfere so I cant use it on the newer tractor.

Forgot to say, the older snowblowers used the front PTO shaft and a separate clutch. The newer ones use a long belt(over 100") and run the blower from the center PTO. This may require you to add an additional idler pully to keep the long belt from rubbing on the frame.

The dealer that took a look at my 1972 Simplicity Landlord 3410 told me that the 1999 Simplicity Sovereign can take the attachments I have (tiller, snowblower, center-mounted grader blade) without modifications. Is this true?

The thrower will need an adaptor package ($200) to change over to a long style hitch and use the gear box PTO - the new tractor does not have safety provisions for a mechanical engine PTO. I think the tiller should be OK but you really need to have him get all the numbers and call the factory or check the attachment guide to verify.

Tony, the center blade WILL work. I use the center grader blade on both my 1970 AC with the older frame and a newer AC712 with the full foot rests.

MS