Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MikeES

Simplicity 9518ds 4WD ???

MikeES
Auction bill - Sat. June 29th - Mondovi, WI "Simplicity 9518ds; 4WD lawn/garden tractor w/48" rear tiller, 48" front blade & 48" mower deck, v.g. cond. (by Allis Chalmers) I don't know if this is two tractors for sale (a Sim 9518ds and a 4WD tractor by Allis Chalmers) or a single tractor (Sim 9518ds with 4WD etc.) I have never heard of a 9518ds. What is it? And what Sim or AC tractor had 4WD and a 48" deck? Anybody got any ideas?

JOHNP
MIKE, I'M NO ENGLISH PROFESSOR BUT, IF THE AD READS EXACTLY AS YOU TYPED IT, THE SEMI COLON AT THE END OF 9518DS WOULD TELL ME THAT IN ADDITION TO THE DS, ALSO AVAILABLE IS ANOTHER TRACTOR AND ATTACHMENTS. MAYBE I'M WRONG BUT THATS HOW I WOULD INTERPRET IT. JOHNP

Al
Hi, The 9500 famiily is the same as the 50xx Allis family. The tractors were imported by Allis in the 80s. They were made by Toyosha in Japan. Massey immported some with a different length clutch housing and sheet metal also. The 5015 and 9518 were 18 hp 3 cyl diesel and available in 2 and 4 wheel drive. The 5020 and 9523 were larger and had 2 cylinder 23 hp engine. The 9528s were very nearly the same as the 9523. and had 31 hp 2 cyl diesels. They were excellent tractors and our school has 2 of them 1 9523 they bought new from us, and one they bought used about 8 years agol. I think the one they got from us has close to 8000 hours on it and the tractor has had practically no problems. We sold several they were all excellent. When Allis got in financial trouble in the mid 80s, and Deutz bought them out these were discontinued and Deutz imported different units, that were not available through Simplicity. They had sold Simplicity by this time. Good luck, Al