Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

B-10 early wiring revisited

MatthewS
Wel I got the points, condenser, and coil wired up. Now all I need to know is what to hook the ignition/kill switch wires to. My ignition has two terminals with the key in and turned is is suppoessed to be in the on position and when you turn the key to take it out it is suppossed to be the kill posotion. If somebody could tell me where the two wires are suppossed to be that would be great!

PatRarick
Matt, I am assuming that you have maintained the original magneto ignition system. If that is the case, one of the ignition switch terminals goes to the points, and the other to a good ground. Not sure, but I believe the original ground was to a MOUNTING bolt(NOT BATTERY CABLE STUD) for the starter switch. Pat