Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
acjohn

Shuttle Shift Adjustment

acjohn
Could someone give me instructions on adjusting the shuttle shift on my 410? I'm ready to mow and have a new drive belt but was told I can burn it up in a hurry if it isn't adjusted properly. Thanks in advance.

PatRarick
The link below is from the Simplicity Tech Publications site. It is for the 3410S. It shows both types of shuttle and the adjustment procedure for both. Go to page 12 of the thumbnails, which is page 10 of the manual. [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_1352_00_SV_S.pdf[/url] Pat

acjohn
Pat, Thank you. That helps. The operation manual for my 410S is not available on line so this is great. My wife has been after me cause I spent $600 on this tractor with no engine (that was a year ago). They just don't understand! I keep telling her its a guy thing... spend money on something that doesn't work and spend a year getting it in perfect condition, then take it to a tractor show. Orange Rules! (So does red)