Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

CCKB Govenor settings ?

SmilinSam
Got the 720 done. Onan charges like it should.... Purrs like a kitten......BUT....the govenor does not work, no movement at all. When I put it all back together there were 3 hole in the govenor plate. One had a plastic bushing in it. I put the roll pin on the cover plate to that hole. Right? Wrong? Maybe it didn't work before I took the engine out, I don't know, never worked it. Vacation starts next week.. for three weeks.. I think its time to switch to interior trim and carpentry for a while..........these tractors are starting to get to me...... Ho hum.. Frownin'Sam

MPH
Personnly I couldn't call 3 weeks of carpentry 'vacation' Sam but I sure hope you enjoy it. If you solve your governor Problem I hope I can find the post when I get to "vacation" with my tractors again..MPH

SmilinSam
Fixed that problem. Arm was catching on the carb body. Now I have to figure out how to set the sensitivity of the govenor. Read the book but can't find anything to tell me how to do this on the CCKB tractor govenor page in the book. Page 20 fig. 13c. Machine starts, runs great but won't carry a load well as the govenor is not compensating for the load. any ideas??

WISCONMAN
Do you have the linkage rod that connects the governor arm to the carb. bell crank set for the correct length? The way that I do it is to disconnect the rod at the governor arm and then push both the governor arm and the bell crank to the wide open position. The rod should line up with the governor arm under these conditions. If not, adjust the clevis on the rod. Good Luck!