Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A/C 616'S REAR PTO

TBOLT

I Realize the pto driven equipment i need for my 616 must be cat 0 2000rpm but i have never seen inverted splines until this one. I Don't have anything to hook to it yet but i was wondering if you had to use an adapter or if the shaft had to be one speciffically for this tractor? I Have found mowers and such in the classifieds but was wondering what i was up against. Does a tiller or pull behind mower work well with the 616? appreciate ANY knowledge I cain gain. thanks, Tony

The rear mounted PTO options (tiller, etc) have a compatible PTO shaft - no conversion necessary. Don't lose the shaft or you will be up a creek as they are hard to find. RE Performance - the 616 does fine with a tiller. Rear weights are a good idea and the high flotation tires are recommended. It has plenty of power for even tough jobs. I tilled a huge garden this spring - did a great job. Steve

Hey thanks, I Have tractor tread about half full of water. ITS Pretty heavy. So implements that were used on other models cat 0 2000 rpm will work, or are they different?