Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RobertE

60 inch mower deck woes

RobertE
The center spindle bearings disintegrated on the 60 inch belly mower on my AC 616. When I removed the assembly, I found that the shaft is badly worn and the keway is also damaged. The previous owner had put the mower together and used it with no top bearing at all. Hence the worn shaft. Can parts still be found for these mowers, and if so where? Thanks for any help you can give me. Robert

TBOLT
I've just went through a 60"mower deck and replaced many parts, fortunately the spindles on mine were in great shape but I found that the dealer carries or can order many of the parts. Many parts a dealer cannot order but you may just get lucky and find some that has been lying on the shelf for years. I got several parts for mine that way--unfortunately you still get charged the "NEW" price. Looks like you would be doing them a favor by cutting down the inventory. I would try the dealer first, or possibly several dealers. Good luck

CleanBee
The spindles are still a demanded part and should be able to order but commonly not in stock. The bearings you will be best purchasing from a farm and barn like Farm and Fleet. Just bring in the bearing numbers to match. I would go through the others at the same time if I were you. Good luck and happy mowing. Dan