Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
G.Kiebler

simplicity trailer

G.Kiebler
Does anyone have the dimensions for the tailgate,I'm about to purchase one without a gate.A picture would also be helpful. Also ,if there were any decals on them,she's getting redone this winter.

UCD
Tailgates are still available from the dealer Cart #1600236 the tailgate is #1668462 Cart #1691986 the tailgate is #102003 sub 1668462 1668462 is the only good number. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

AGCO918
MY BROTHER IN LAW ,painted my cart tonight.IT looks like new. I will post pictures in the next couple of days when i get it put back together. I to need the simplicity decal that goes on the back of tailgate. IF SOMEONE NOWS SOMEBODY THAT MAKES THEM PLEASE TELL US. AGCO918 CHAD E SHAFER CHAD E SHAFER(AGCO918)

BigSix
All: I have a Simplicity trailer, but it lacks the tailgate. Two questions: 1) Where are the mfr. #'s on the trailers...I can't find any. Are they stamped in, or is it just a riveted tag or decal, like on the tractors? 2) Where can I get tires that have the "ribbed" tread, which I assume is original? I like Carlisle tires, but the dlr. says he can only get a "turf" style tread. Thanks, Peter

CleanBee
Peter, The numbers for the trailers were located on a decal which was on the left side of the tounge near the hitch. As far as the tires, they were originally Good Years and they probably still sell them but will be expensive. I would try using wheel barrow tires with the balloon rib tread. Dan

BigSix
Dan: Thank you! That helps. I will rescrutinize the trailer, but I don't think I've got numbers...oh well. Re: the tires: The ones on the trailer were (if I remember) "Load Class B," and I did look at some wheelbarrow tires. I don't remember if they just said "off road only" or if they said "load class A." I'm sure they would work fine, as most of the time, I will not have it full of rocks-lol. Thanks again, Peter

G.Kiebler
I like to use light duty hi-way rated tires as opposed to the utility tires,the compound is better,so you'll pay @15-20 bucks apiece ,but you'll probably never have to replace them.

scottope
quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918: MY BROTHER IN LAW ,painted my cart tonight.IT looks like new. I will post pictures in the next couple of days when i get it put back together. I to need the simplicity decal that goes on the back of tailgate. IF SOMEONE NOWS SOMEBODY THAT MAKES THEM PLEASE TELL US. AGCO918 CHAD E SHAFER CHAD E SHAFER(AGCO918)
Can't say if this is the correct decal you're looking for but I chased the tailgate backwards in my parts computer and came up with 153166 decal should still be available for the 102003 tailgate from trailer # 990085, Hope this helps!!!