Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
powerking_one

Correct/Original Battery Group #

powerking_one
Could someone outther in -S- land tell me the the group number of the battery that originally went into the Landlord 2110 type of tractor? I called Jacks and they sort of gave me the run-around. Based on my measurements, I think it should have been a group 45 or 22NS, but since the previous owner(s) hacked up the cables I don't quite know the correct terminal orientation. Much appreciated, Tom (PK)

Kent
The correct original battery is a 22NF (stands for non-Ford), since this group was the standard Ford battery for quite a while. The posts (poles) are reversed on the 22NF, compared to a regular 22. The 22NF is hard to find, and expensive. I found one at an Agway store, but ended up using a Group 59. A Group 59 is slightly smaller but available with similar CCAs as the 22NF. The 59 is also available in a 59R with the poles reversed. The ground cable goes off the front post, and the hot cable goes off the rear post. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

powerking_one
Thanks, Kent. I surmised that the 22NF was the correct battery. They are pretty easy to find here in the Baltimore area and ~~$44.00 I don't see how a group 59 could ever fit though (7 5/8"W vs the 22NF at 5 1/2"W). Also it makes more sense to have the terminals facing out and thus ground in the back, positive in the front?? (as far as neater/unobstructed cable paths). The link below is taken from BCI (Battery Council International). http://www.rtpnet.org/~teaa/bcigroup.html