Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers 416H

Albina

I have a chance to buy this tractor. Been sitting under cover for about five years. Battery dead and gas tank leaks. Needs a good cleaning and lots of WD40 to loosen things up. The lady who is selling it wants $400. Are parts or attacments hard to get for this unit? It has a mower deck. Thanks.

Yes, definitely attachments and some parts are hard to find for this tractor. The 400 series and its sister the 300 series were made for only 3 years. Drive line components from the center back is all common Simplicity. The hydro is Vickers (no parts available) and can be an issue if it is in bad shape. But this is more of a collectors tractor. My opinion is the price is at the high end, unless it is in great condition and running. Good Luck! Mike S.

9 months ago I bought a 410S for $600. No engine, axle needed to be rebushed, needed new tires and one front wheel and the deck needed to be rebuilt. I rebuilt the original engine as it was blown, and did the rest. I have $1000 into it including a $100 42" snow thrower. The sheet metal is excellent and I think I got a good deal. I mowed for the first time this weekend and didn't want to get off!!! It is a rugged tractor and if you can make some adapters, you can fit a lot of implements on your machine. Wengers (they advertise on this site) has a 416H that I looked at twice. They want $400 and it is shot. I'd buy it for $100, for a parts tractor, but thats all. Good luck. I love mine.

I have a 416s and have mowed 2 acres for 12 years with it. I have a 410s for a parts tractor but have not had to use anything off it except the shuttle bearings. They are a real good tractor. Nighteye

My next door neighbor/good friend has had one also for 20 something years and has mower/tiller/cultivator that has been used every year for mowing and gardening. Its running on the second engine now and I know of a spindle bearing that has been replaced but my, does these things ever wear out?