Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BAP

AC 716H Traction control

BAP
My AC 716H spins out easily going up hills with a little sideways slope to them. I have wheel weights on it. Does this mean that the traction control unit is not working properly? Or is this they way it is supposed to be. How do you tell if it is working and are they hard to fix? Thanks BAP

HubbardRA
The traction control on the 716H is no more than spring loading on the spider gears in the differential. I use one of these rears for tractor pulling in my 61 Wards. I took mine apart and inserted a washers behind each of the springs to increase the friction on the gears. This makes the limited slip feature much tighter. You can also completely lock this diff if you space the gear that is attached to the left axle toward the right hub. On some diffs there are spacer washers between the two gears, and you must move a couple to the other side. On others you must turn the gear around. This makes it intersect both sets of spider gears and will not allow the diff to work. Both wheels are then locked together. In this mode, the tractor will not make sharp turns. Rod H.