Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What's wrong with this picture

KSever

Picked up this Landlord and attachments yesterday. But what is wrong with this picture? Maybe wrong hood and seat deck?

Definately the wrong seat deck. The hood is either the wrong newer "flat top" hood or its the right hood on backwards. The blade on the floor looks like aa old Massey lawn tractor type... Sam

Sam, It does look to be the flat style hood and I was sure that the seat deck was wrong. Everything else looks to be right so far

Looks to be the right arced hood but definitly the wrong and or updated seat pan by previous ower. Altogether a nice looking machine. Jeff

I would say it is the seat deck that is wrong. the side panels and dash style macth the hood and grill fine.

It looks like the grille is missing the upper section,also on my 64 the lower grille is painted white and the upper is black. The upper grille also has an emblem mounted on it. All in all I wouldn't throw it out of my my barn.

Looks like the right hood , but definately the wrong grill assembly. The seat deck and grill looks like they are off of a 3010 , 3210 or similar. Sam

Ok Sam now you have me confused. I thought I had the right grill but wrong hood, it looks to me like the hood is too wide for the dash and not round enough. I knew the seat deck was definately wrong along with the seat. Can you point me in thr direction of a picture that it is suppose to look like. And Kenny, It was the right price (Free) along with the 42" deck I just had to drive to the Detroit area from Madison, WI to pick it up. Come to find out it has a 16 HP Briggs on it too but it needs rebuilt. Kris

I noticed you have no running boards. Foot rests, but no boards. My B210 is similar. Were running boards standard equipment or optional? The footrests are slotted (under a rubber cover), I assume for the attaching of something. Steve

Hood is only RIGHT thing there,,unless its a 12 hp then the hood is wrong,, but a very nice looking''custom'' trac indeed!Whats the gooby thing for in frt,,? snowplow?

Go to the Simpletractors site and look at the Simplicity section, here is a link to the 1966 models. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1966.htm[/url] You can look at the 1968 -1970 models and you will see the grill and seat deck you have bolted to your tractor.[url]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1970/sovereign..JPG[/url] Sam

That's what it WAS alright. A welded on snowplow hitch. BUT did you notice WAS no more after one day of ownership. Kris Sam, looks to me like a 64 with the black dash and that is original black paint and I only see them in the site on 64's

Sam, Unless I'm missing something, I would have to disagree with you on the grill. you will notice the chrome uprights on Kris's tractor compared to the painted ones on the newer tractors. Also, Kris's tractor appears to have a chrome or polished grill, rather than the black painted grill. To me, it looks like the bottom section of the original grill. Also, I tried to install the grill frame from a Big Ten on a B-210. Thought all I had to do was to change the hood mount strap on the top of the frame. Wouldn't work. The older frame slants quite a bit more to the front, so the grills would not fit either. I am only assuming that the same problem would be encountered with the like Simplicity tractors. Kris, At least the seat deck is not the correct one, but what about the front wheels? Unless they were also changed, the tractor must be a 12 horse, since the 10 horse had the narrow front wheels. I don't believe tha 12 horse was available in 1964. I can't find it now, but I thought I read on this site, that the 2012 had a black dash, while the 2010 had a white dash. Since I can't find it, I can't prove it though. Pat

Pat, Now that you mention the chrome I see you are right. The picture is a bit dark of the front and afterlooking at it good I'd have to agree with you. Sam

Ok guys, I think I will tear it down to the frame and then decide what I want to build and start over. What do you think I should end up with? LOL Just like to add it does have to be Orange though...

Ok, After looking around on here and in the gallery I think I found it (maybe). Looks to be like this 2010 like you said Pat but with the black dash, the rear seat mount and wide front tires. But it makes me think that he changed the front whells to hold the weight of the 16Hp Briggs. This is the one that I found. Look right to you?

Kris, That is what I ASSUME that it should look like. I'm no expert. With the exception of my 3112, a 3210 that I bought for parts, and the new models that I have seen at the local Simplicity dealer (he's only been in business for five years), I have never seen a Simplicity other than in pictures. Used to be several Allis dealers around, so these are the prevailing tractors in my area. One other thing I question on your tractor, is the mat on each of the mower deck covers. Was this a Simplicity deal, or an add on? Pat

Pat, I couldn't tell you about the mat on the deck as it was there when I picked it up. But doesn't look to be standard Simplicity issue. Steve, The slots under the foot rest were for an optional cab (mounts) it looks like to me from the picture I can see. And I don't believe running boards were an option back then. I think Kent can answer that one better than I. As he is the president of The Foot Draggers club. But these foot draggers are great machines. I like them better than my running board tractor. Kris I did find out the things that are different with this tractor. The seat,seat deck and fenders are are from another tractor along with the front wheels. The hood is the right hood just missing the top of the grill. The engine has been updated in 1972 to a 16HP Briggs. Found the chrome under the paint on the uprights for the grill and the white paint under the silver on the grill. I just can't believe someone would paint over chrome. When I scraped off the paint, the chrome was in great condition. Along with the white paint since the silver didn't stick too good. Anyway looks to me like a '64 Landlord with the paint scheme I'm finding but I sure wish I would have had the serial numbers. Almost forgot Jeff. You must be learning Landlords real quick because that is flat tire you saw