Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

101 landlord w/ a 16 hp briggs

G.Kiebler

My B210 has a 16hp OH160 Tecumseh. It was in there when I bought the tractor 4 or 5 years ago, and it's held up pretty good. I had to rebuild the rear end about 6 months after I got the tractor, but that was from the previous owner grinding gears for close to 30 years. The tractor has plenty of power and doesn't burn up belts. It IS, however, very heavy in the nose and will dig the front tires into the ground in soft soil (plowing the garden). Steve

Must be ok. I know it will fit since one was in my tractor I just picked up for free. I found what looked like a mouse nest with 4 live mice under the flywheel housing and must have overheated it (they had condo in there). Must have been what helped throw a rod. Everything else looks to be ok not even a scratch on the cylinder except for the crank which looks like the rod melted to the crank. Go ahead and try it, I'm going to rebuild this one and put it back in the 101.

Hey Kris, You got it home today? Any pictures of it to share? How is it. If you need any help let me know. Dan

Ran about 18 Hp through a 61Wards BGB when doing tractor pulling. Now we're using a 14 Hp and still pulling (class rules changed). Normal work puts less stress on the unit than tractor pulling. Rod H.