Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Splitfire Testimonial

powermax_paul

The last 15 to 20 hours I've had Splitfire SM21F plugs in my 4041 Tractor/Loader/Backhoe and I'm really pleased with the performance. This Onan CCKB is running really smooth and almost seems to run cooler than my other Onans. (Is that possible?) The recommended Champion H-8 plugs (I think) have been discontinued and I've had a lot of fouling problems with the replacement H10-C's. I have been using Sea Foam (thanks for the tip, Floydster) in all the tractors and that has really helped the fouling problem.

Paul Kjorlie, The Norwegian

As an AMSOIL dealer,I use synthetics in everything I own. They seem to keep things cooler due to their friction reducing properties.Any questions e-mail me.As far as plugs go ,I can't say if the splitfires are going to have an effect on temperature or not.

We use the H-10 equivalent in pullers,[kohlers],never a problem.Get em at wally world,,

• 2 weeks later...
I just put a set of Champions (H-10) in my powermax because I couldnt find the splitfires, Anyone know where a person might look for them? Also, Mr. Powermax Paul, How are they doing? You still liking them? Should I keep looking? Thanks, Ken Nighteye

The Splitfires are still running smooth in my 4041. Soon as one of the H10c's foul in one of my 9020's, that engine will get a new set too. Seems I dont have as much problem with the Champions fowling in summer. Probably cuz of less moisture, and less need to run a rich choking start as in the winter. I got the Splitfire SM21F plugs at a place called Farm & Fleet here in WI. Might want to do a web search to find a retailer in your area. Sounds like Dave Christiansen got his at Walmart.

Paul, Have you tried splitfires in your little tractor yet? I'm thinking I might give it a try in the 8HP if I can cross reference them to fit.

I don't seem to have much trouble with Briggs motors fowling plugs. Thus, haven't had the need for replacing plugs. With the cheap push mowers and other small power equipment I buy (garage sales etc.), I usually wear the rest of the machine out in three or four oil changes so usually only need the plug it came with. Paul

I seen the splitfire SM21F at Walmart the other day in the auto section. and better priced than what i payed from them at the local auto parts store...I tryed to get one for my 7116 (briggs) but they couldnt cross it.. must not be a very big demand for then in the old cast briggs..but i do see they make them for the little aluminum briggs.. Charby5