Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Agco Allis Lawn Tractor

HPuck

Gary, The AGCO (Allis Gleaner Co. formerly Allis-Chalmers) 1615H is the same as the Simplicity Broadmoore. The Broadmoore is considered by many to be the best lawn tractor made and the Simplicity mower decks are unsurpassed for quality of cut. The price quoted to you sounds good but maybe one of the dealers in the club can confirm that. If your acreage if rough and hilly you might want to opt for a garden tractor otherwise the 1615H should do fine. Tim

I've been shopping for a lawn/garden tractor for a while and stumbled upon an Agco Allis dealer at a Country Fair in Connecticut. I've looked at different makes including Cub Cadet (questionable quality since taken over by MTD) and Deere (paying premium for name). The Agco machine I'm considering is the 1615H w/ 44" deck, but it appears to have some good features (free floating deck and Auto-contolled traction). I got a price of $3395. I've never heard of Agco Alliis and would like to learn more about them.

I'll be cutting about two acres and would consider adding a snow blower in the future. Here are my questions:

- Is this an adequate macine or should I consider a garden tractor?

- Is this a good price/value?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

That is one of the better buys for the amount of grass you have to cut. Don't consider anything less unless price has the most influence. If you don't let wet snow get too high it should be quite adequate for throwing. A garden tractor would be better for the snow if you have a long driveway but will cost twice as much. If you will use the thrower a bit a hydraulic lift makes it easy to adjust the height and the tractor itself weighs substanially more for better traction. If price is not so much of a factor I would recommend the Sovereign or AGCO equivalent - it would be hard to go wrong with this one but it is $6000 on sale with 48" mower and no thrower.

What size drive do you have? Is it stone or paved? How far are you from the road? How critical is it that your driveway be cleared at all times. All these factors could have a bearing on if you should justify a more expensive garden tractor.

Gary, I was just looking at an earlier message thread on a Simplicity Broadmoore 18hp with 50" deck being a steal at $4195. I would think that $3395 would then also be a good price for the 16hp version with a 44" deck. Most AGCO-Allis and Allis-Chalmers lawn and garden tractors have been re-badged Simplicity tractors since the AC B1 was introduce in the early 60's. Tim