Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ultimatehick

catergory 0 3pt hitch

Stoneheartfarm
Is it a matter of using parts from a larger tractor and cutting them down, or do parts need to be fabricated from scratch? Does the addition of the 3ph mess with the use of other attachments (tillers, etc.). I noticed a nice little box scaper in TSC last week that looks to be about 48" wide and light enough for a garden tractor to handle. Also looks to need a 3ph to connect to. Steve

Dutch
Here are some of the attachments that will fit Simplicity tractors. http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/b_attachments.htm All work without a 3 point hitch. So, why would anyone want to install a 3 pt on a Simplicity? I don't know. May have a valid reason. Box blade? There are box blades made by Brinly that will hook right up to a Simplicity hitch. So why go to the trouble of making a 3 point? How would one make a 3 pt hitch? I guess from scratch, or modify one from another brand tractor. Would installing a 3 point interfere with using Simplicity attachments? Yes.

ultimatehick
dutch, How do all of those other attachments hook up to the tractor if they deont use 3pt hitches. and also how can u hook up the attachments so that they can still be used n ur hydrolic lift.

Dutch
To use Simplicity attachments with a Simplicity tractor, there are 2 “must have” Simplicity options. 1) “Rear Lift” (permits attachments to be raised and lowered). 2) “One Point Hitch” (permits sleeve hitch type attachments to be used). A “Tiller” requires only a “Rear Lift”. A “Box Blade” requires both a “Rear Lift” and a “One Point Hitch”. The same “Rear Lift” works with either a manual, electric, or hydraulic lifting mechanism. Browse though the many pages in SimpletrACtors and you’ll understand how everything works together.

Dutch
The "rear lift" is simply a piece of 1" ID tubing welded to a cross shaft forming a sort of "T". The "rear lift" slips into the two large holes behind the seat, and is attached to the lift lever (or electric, or hydraulic) cross shaft by a rod (older) or cable (newer).

ultimatehick
ok thanx Dutch . I just have one more question for you. I was woundering where the cable attaches to the lift lever. Basically what im asking is if you could show me a pic of how it runs to the arm.

Dutch
Ben, There is plenty of info on the lifts, including photos, diagrams, and parts breakdowns. Just use the SEARCH button at the top of this page and type in what you want to find.

UCD
With a little bit of ingenuity this could be adapted to your simplicity. For what ever reason. Unless you have access to a lot of 3 point attachments real cheap 3-Point Hitch Assembly Cat 0 [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2036660936[/url] This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

DanBov
You might what to take a look at the Sears Vintage Garden Tractor site.It shows alot of attachments and two versions of the three point hitch they offered for the old sears tractors. I have the old style hitch with the moldboard plow,drag harrow and rear grader blade.I may try to see if I can adapt this hitch to my 7117H if I find the time and ambition..

tractormike
If you use a sears three point hitch you will have to use sears implements with it. The sears three point is designed the same as a cat. 0 hitch ,as it uses two lower lift arms and a third top link ,but the dimensions are smaller on the sears than the cat. 0 hitch. I have a sears with a three point and a bolens with the cat. 0 hitch and the implements from one will not fit on the other . Mike

gretsch
You can build an adapter to attach to a sears-type 3-point implement that will allow it to fit a standard cat-0 hitch. Also, brinley makes an adapter that mounts to a 3-point hitch and allows you to use sleeve hitch type implements. That way, you can use pretty much any implement that you can find. Personnally, I prefer 3-point because I find them a lot easier to hook up and adjust than the sleeve hitch style.