Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord 2110 Hydraulic Lift

powerking_one

I got my "combined" owners/parts manual today from Simplicity Pub's and there's significant lack of basic information in it. My question to all is: what is the type of hydraulic oil recommended and how much/how do you check the level? Is it with the cylinder extended or pulled in or doesn't it matter? There's also a distinct lack of parts available for the hydraulic system; right? What about the big O-ring for the main cylindrical oil resevoir (also N/A) if one wanted to flush & clean out the system? Regards, Tom (PK)

I also noticed they lack any info on this setup. I think mine had a tag that calls for 30 weight oil. I don't recall it making a difference were the stroke is but i maybe wrong. I do have a complete breakdown of the whole assembly but my scanner is buried somewhere. Regard Rich.

I also just purchased a 2110 hydraulic lift, but the previous owner had taken off the hydraulic lift because it was leaking he had stated that the gasket that was leaking was impossible to find. He had modified the tractor to be as though it was stock with the manual lift. It looks great! Did you find the combined owner / parts manual very helpful? I was thinking about purchasing that, but haven't yet. I went to the Briggs and Stratton website and found the illustrated parts list for the motor (form ms5424). I also called them and they sent me a operating and maintanance instructions for model series 233400, 243400, 326431. They seemed quite nice on the phone. I can make copies and send them to you if you are insterested. (no charge I'll send them from work!) Rich if you get to scanning in the whole assembly I would be very interested in it so that I could find exactly where my system is leaking.

John, The combined operators/parts manual is invalueable for part and part number lookup. The operators/information section is what is really lacking. Too bad Simplicity's Tech Pub website doesn't have this book online and converted to .PDF format yet. If you really need detailed operation, specs, maintenance info, then this book is a joke. For parts info, there's no other alternative for now. The 990407 & 990501 mfg #'s for the 42" mowers are online though. Most of the engine specs (valve lash, etc) I've gotten right from the Simpletractors website, so don't think I need any copies. Thanks for the offer though. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php Regards, Tom (PK)

Tom, Check here: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_1297_00_AT_S.pdf Pat

Thanks Tom and Pat I have already printed out that info and will be using it! Isn't the internet a wonderful information sharing device!

Likewise, Thanks Pat; didn't think to pull the mfg # for just the add-on hdraulic kit option #! Tom