Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
WISCONMAN

4040 Seat

JeffG
The adjustable box seat frame on your 4040 was standard issue - nothing optional about it. IMHO, they are junk - but can be modified to work OK. The problem is that they have a lot of "slop" and they really don't go back far enough to give adequate leg room. You can put any seat on the adjustable box frame with some modifications. You may need to drill some holes or make some small brackets, but just about anything will work. I always modified mine to give maximum leg room. Farm n' Fleet used to sell a really nice large garden tractor replacement seat for around $65. It was very comfortable with a high back and worked very well. I'm not sure if TSC sells the same seat or not. On the later model 9020's and 720's - they switched to a much superior seat frame design and got rid of the old adjustable box frame. If you can find one of these later model "U" frames - you'll be way ahead of the game. Jeff