Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

9020 Power Max

tej

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if a snow blower could be found for a 9020 Power Max? This type of tractor is new to me as I've only had an Allis B-12 with blower. How does the blower get its power? From pto shaft or belt? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking about buying one of these 9020 tractors but am wondering how expensive the Onan parts are and if they are available. How reliable are the hydrostatic transmissions on these tractors? Can you put a full hydraulic front blade on these units? How much weight does a Cat 0 3pt lift? Thanks to all for your help.

Ivan: I have a tractor like the one you are looking at and yes, they will handle a fully hydraulic blade on the front. Mine is home-made and is 6 ft. There were single stage blowers made for these tractors, they were belt driven, and the width was 52" if I remember right. Myself, I built a 2 stage blower that goes on the three point hitch, 58" wide, 32" high, runs off of the rear PTO. It works very well and can eat things like pop cans, rocks, pieces of 2x4, the neighbor's cat, etc. so you do have to be careful with them. There is a company not far from here that builds aftermarket blowers for any kind of tractor, they could outfit you with just about whatever you want, but 10 years ago they were getting $1400 for a 5 footer on a three-point mount, front mount drove the cost up a fair amount. As for what the three point will lift, I'm not real sure, but I would guess about 500 lbs, as my blower weighs in around 300-350 and it picks it up without blinking. Only problem is that if you pick up something that heavy, you had better have good counterweight on the front to keep the nose on the ground.

If you have not yet purchased the 9020 that you are looking at, be careful! Engine repair on these is getting very expensive, and no reasonable alternative engine has been found yet that will mount easily and perform as well as the Onan CCKB. Go back through the archives here and you will see what some of the other concerns are with a tractor powered with this engine.

Have a good one!