Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bb3b17j

7014 Shuttle

Ishmael2k
You are going to get some varying replies to that. Some here think the shuttle system is junk, and some of us think they are just fine. I own an AC 712s that has probably seen more use than most tractors of its era. (1976-77) My step father owned it and mowed approx 2.5 acres every week, sometimes mowing part of his orchards also. This tractor is on its second Kohler but the shuttle system is still going strong. Now I will admit that I used it the first winter I was in my new house and came close to smoking the shuttle plowing my driveway (My driveway has a very steep section that needs to be plowed uphill which makes for some tough going.) so if you have a bunch of drive that you are planning to snowplow, or are planning on moving a bunch of dirt with it, I'd look for either a hydro or a straight shift. (I have since moved up to a 7116H for my snow plowing.) Of course this is all dependent on the overall condition of the tractor also, if it hasn't been maintained well then it can be problematic.. Rob

srwven
I own a 7014Shuttle. I have had it for about three years. I use it mainly for mowing and landscaping. I have used the belly grader to regrade my gravel driveway and move some dirt in the back yard. I have had absolutely no problems with the transmission. My gravel driveway is going up a steep incline. This tractor has handled everything I have thrown at it.

Dudley
I have a 7013 shuttle with mower, vacuum, dozer blade, trailer, plow, rototiller, etc. I use it all the time, and have never had trouble with the shuttle or the rest of the tractor for that matter. My little problems have been a bad plug and a float problem in the carburetor, which people on this forum helped me with.