Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Used my "HB-216" for 1st time yesterday...

Kent

I installed a freshly rebuilt 16HP Briggs single (.020 overbore, with new piston, valves, rebuilt carb, etc.) in my B-210 with the Sundstrand hydro earlier this week.... Used it to mow yesterday for the first time. Man, what a difference! Since I have a 42" deck, I don't think the governor kicked in at all, and the grass was pretty tall from all the rain and heat we've had. With the 10HP running the "power-robbing" hydro, my governor would kick in every time I tried climbing the steep slopes in my yard, or any time I hit a tall or thick clump of grass. The 16HP would even accelerate uphill without going onto the governor. Now I'm anxious to hang the vacuum on the back and see what it does with it. Even when I was running the variable speed prior to putting the Sundstand in, the vacuum would keep the 10HP engine on the governor most of the time.... Sam, I can see why you really like your HB-116 hybrid and call it the "best of both worlds" .... it makes me want to put my lug tires on it and go play with the Johnny Bucket.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

It is amazing what a difference a few more horsepower makes. I think you'll see a big boost with the vac. You may add running boards yet..............

Why would I want to ruin a perfectly good tractor? The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Kent, Except for PTO powered attachments, I have found that I cannot make my B-210 (16hp) or my HB-212 (18hp), power out. My biggest problem is now finding the proper traction. Pat

Kent, Ain't power nice. Is the primary reason I like my Sovereign. One of there days I will stuff a larger engine into my B-1. 7 1/4 hp on a 42" deck just isn't enough. Enjoy your new tractor muscles & don't ruin it by adding running boards. ;o)

Roy

Kent, I'd like to see the pics too. I'm toying with the idea of putting a 11hp Briggs in my B207. If I do, it's not going to be original anyway, so maybe I'll make it a hydro also. I think I could mount a gear pump at the double idler, and a gear motor at the transmission input pulley. A flow divider or motor control valve for speed control and viola! Glad to hear it's been a success.

Paul Kjorlie, The Norwegian

Lots of power and uses less gas than a Kohler, and I like the quick starting electronic ignition on mine. I used mine yesterday for grading and pulling my small trailer around hauling tree trimmings away after I cut all the brush out of the fence lines and trimmed trees up by the house. Next week I'm hauling it to town with a couple of others to do some landscaping for some people.