Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Nice rain today......

SmilinSam
Stood in the rain most of the day today at a estate auction and it was well worth it. Here is what I added to the inventory today: 42" grader blade (new style with the stirrups) Rear lift kit to fit 1972 and newer machines MFG # 694 36" tiller WITH optional tine extension kit a pile of deck covers 1984 7116H Briggs 16 electrnoic ignition (rebuilt a few years ago) with hydraulic lift and new front tires ( needs some cosmetic repairs and a paint job) and a 42" deck-This should make a good project over the winter to have ready for spring. 48" deck for parts 42" deck for repair 1 RPM-Lawnboy "Iron Horse" Green in colorw/ red engine 1 RPM Fedway Supreme "Iron Horse" blue in color red engine( Predecessor to lawnboy?) 1 Green iron horse lawn boy, copper color engine Another plain old push lawn boy- I did not pay attenytion and bought it by mistake for $25. Got home and had it running in 5 minutes, so no damage done there thankfully.... A nice 42" x 72" fold out steel ramp (perfect for my trailer) Some nice spades Two more single piece trailer ramps Onan CCKB off a generator. Generator was bad and egine supposedly still ran. Been sitting for a number of years though. Did buy some nice ratchet straps But they were stolen out of my pile before I left. They also sold a 46" dozer that a friend of mine bought.Watched a AC 916 Hydro with Hydro lift and a 48" deck bring $675. Needed some work but not bad. I have a feeling that the lawn boys willl suprise me on Ebay this week. Last one I put on there was a parts unit and it brought over $80. I only gave $1 for it. Must be a good collector following for those too. SmilinSam

powermax_paul
We got a nice rain this AM too. Hey Sam, I need another push mower. If you're up this way bring that lawnboy along. We'll make a deal.

Paul Kjorlie, The Norwegian

powermax_paul
Kris, We had about 4 hours of drizzle/light rain this morning, starting about 4AM. Little bit of thunder, and I rolled over for another 3 hours sleep. Felt good to sleep-in listening to the rain soaking my sweetcorn.

Paul Kjorlie, The Norwegian

Spyder
Sam, Quite a haul..... Maybe you should wish for more rain. Here in Texas, we have had a lot of rain for the year. Depending on el Nino, the seasons can be brutally hot and dry, or it rains, a lot!!!! South Central Texas is getting record floods on the Guadalupe River which drains a lot of Texas Hill country southward of Crawford, TX. I read that Canyon Dam is spilling over the spillways for the first time since it was built. Wow, wish I could find an auction like that one. When it rains, it POURS, especially here in Texas. DaveG

Karl_Brandt
No rain up here today. Spent part of the working on my AC B-10. I was cutting the grass with my Simplicity 3416H today and triming the grass with my lawnboy lawnmower. Karl

SmilinSam
Yep Roy, Kinda like that thing known as "spare time", something I hear about and never actually see.................... We got a little over 2 " here in about a half a day. Pretty nice soaker.. By the way, I like the picture of you "slaving away", it gives me something to aspire to. I'm getting tired of working all the time, the wife bought a new hammock for out in the back yard and I think I'll start trying it out........ Sam

Roy
Sam, Thanks. Just wish I could "slave away" like that more often. The hourly guys at work are on strike and I have to really "slave away" now. Cheers,

Roy