Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Additions

Bim

Had a great week. Last week my old deck on my JD 317 (sorry for insulting the purist, but it gets better) needed some reconstructive surgery, so I took it to my brother for repair. Two days later he calls and said he found me a newer deck for only $150, ran over to the dealer and bought it, took it to his place, and the old one was already repaired. Went on to work, and stopped at Podolinski's (hugh JD dealer) and found a JD317 with a toasted deck for only $500, bought it. Now have a matching pair. Brother calls again , found an old simplicity. $100 later I own a 707 or 717 blown engine, but has a good deck and a snow blower. This week, while working I spot an old allis b10 , stopped to see if for sale. No but I do have an old red tractor made by some appliance company, he tells me. A simplicity perhap. Bought a 725 good deck spare rearend and tires $50. My wife tells me to take a couple weeks off work so I won't find any more tractors.I think I've got the simplicity fever, and it feels good.The best part is all these prices were in canadian dollars.

Tell your wife that everythings cool..... Welcome to TRACTORHOLICLAND. And a great web site.!! DaveG

Congratulations Bim & welcome to the site! My wife is usually not that understanding. John(ri)