Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

lanlord 101 or 2010 ?????

schaefer72

hi i made a deal to aquire a new tractor - i have narrowed it down from the engine numbers to either a lanlord 101 or a 2010 both have a 10 hp briggs and look the same the only difference i can make out looking around the site is the year - the owner dosent see any other numbers on it and cant see an id tag behind the seat - is there other numbers hidden on the tractor to identify the actual year or model ? - thanks alot

The 101 had a "101" decal on top of the hood. The 2010 had a "2010" decal on each side of the hood. The transmission on the 101 would have been Simplicity red while the tranny on the 2010 would have been painted black. The 2010 was also the first year for the chrome steering wheel center cap that had a "S" decal on it(I think).

The I.D. tag on your 2110 is not behind the seat...it's ahead of the shifter, under the console, and it's a decal.

Under the console? So I would have to take the console off to see it or right below the console?

Kris, They are talking about the consoles with the newer design, more squared straight up and down than yours. Those had the id tag below the key and near the shifter. Yours with the angled console had the tag on the original rear seat pan which is no longer on your tractor. Dan

I think Peter may have "mis-read" the model number. On the 2010 the ID tag is behind the seat. On the 2110 the ID tag is in front of the shifter. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Thanks Dan for clearing me up on the id tags. I guess I'm still thinking of the smaller Broadmoors and not used to these bigger tractors. I also have to get bigger tools for this Landlord because my tools are used to working on small tractors too. Once I get to the Powermax's I'll have to get a whole new tool box for the Giant tools. But hey, I finally got the yard tractor lineup for this series. Going down tomorrow to pickup a Wonderboy 5HP. Now I just have to get to restoring.

thanks alot for the info - once i get the tractor i will look under the spray paint to see what the transmission and other parts are and compare them to photo on the site

All: Opps! Sorry. My apologies-I meant to say on "our 2110," (my Dad's) meaning, I can't say for sure where it is on a 2010, but this is where it is on a 2110, which I assumed was only a year or two different from the 2010. Instead I wrote "your 2110" which makes Kent's conclusion make sense. I should have quit with "it's ahead of the shifter," as that's more clear than "under the console," on the 2110. I must be gettin' sloppy.... Peter