Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cyclone700

Vickers hydro question

cyclone700
I just recently bought an HB212 with no motor. What is a good way to test or check out the hydro without an engine. I'm think about trying to hook up an electric motor to the pump with the belt drive. Just wondered if there are any other ideas or methods.

Spyder
I'm not familiar with the HB-212 pump explicitly, so maybe I should not speak. However, if you try to drive the pump to get enough pressure to run a hydrostatic drive, better plan on some significant horsepower from your electric motor. Not sure how much, though. Best guess is 2-3 horsepower at 3450 rpm. Maybe someone more familiar with hydros can help. DaveG

Woodydel
Try these people for advice. Andre will check out the hydro by disassembling and put it back together for you. Last I heard from him it was a free service. If he finds anything wrong he'll fix it once you agree to the charges. He can make replacement parts if necessary. Hydro-Dynamics Inc. 75 Briggs St. Burlington, VT 05401 Phone: 802-865-3251 Fax: 802-660-0987 Toll Free: 800-691-7867 Ask for Andre...Woody