Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bachtold attachment, nope, but close

SmilinSam

Here is that weedmower attachment I mentioned a while back. Its not a Bachtold but it was mad by Col Fax Motor Service co. which had ties to Bachtold.

The guard/Runner is the same as the one used on Bachtold walk behinds, so no doubt this company got them from Bachtold.

Sam, Do you have any idea how old this thing is? I've heard that Simplicity sold single-blade weedcutters before they sold the 4-blade ones... I wonder if this is it? Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Looks like it's clog proof--except for the occasional leg or foot. Better lock the kids, dogs and cats in the house when that's running.

Kent, If I had to guess, I'd say they were made somewhere between 63' and 66'. They were made for the LAndlord of those years as far as I can tell, and would not likely fit the stretched frame Variable speed tractors. I bought and sold one of these for a Wheel horse of the same years(as near as I can tell) a year ago, so they must have offered a version for at least several different makes of tractors. As far as safety goes they wouldn't be any worse than the Bachtold walk behinds that were made for years, in fact still made , although with many more guards. Ed says they work real good but throw up dust and dirt all over the front of the tractor. Thats all I really know, and most of the is educated guess.

are you going to fix it and try it........................i wonder if it would be any good for chasing coons?

This brushcutter attachment looks like a real roach of an excuse compared to getting the right machine for the job; a Gravely 2-wheeler with the tried and true 30" mower on it. I guess it's super rare and unique though, but wouldn't put much practical value in trying to use it. Tom (PK)

Actually it works just fine, it belongs to a good friend who uses it regularly. Can't chase coons, they have a tighter turning radius..........

Sam, Is the manufacturer now located in Gibson City, IL on route 47? I may have to stop and inquire. Thanks, jim

Jim, Yup, Bachtold Bros. is in Gibson City. Here's their website. http://www.bachtoldbros.com/contact/ Maybe you could contact them and tell us the whole story about their relationship with Simplicity.