Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BrownA

What would you do ?

BrownA
I called on a ad a while ago about Simplicity parts. It was a out of state ad and I talked so long it cost over $30.00 for the call. The guy had a lot of stuff I was really interested in but said I needed to come up on a week end. It's about 3 hours away. He said give him a couple of weeks to go through the stuff he had. We talked prices and he knew what I wanted. He said don't worry no one else has expressed interest in what you want. I gave him my telephone number and told him I would be getting back to him like he asked. Since then I have called approx. 6 times and left messages with my name and number. He has not returned any calls and I don't know what to do next. He said he had a lot of stuff that I wanted so I don't want to lose out but I can't figure out why he won't return a call. I know his name and what town he lives in but don't have his address. What should I do next ? Thanks for any suggestions, Al

BigSix
If his number is NOT unlisted, you can find the address from his phone #, at reversedirectory.com. It's free, but there are other pay services on this sight, so be careful you don't buy a verdict search and credit report on him, while your at it. Read the headings closely. If you have trouble, let me know--it's a little confusing. Not that I'm sure how this helps you, unless you want to write him? Btw, no offense, but what is you per min. rate on the phone? I have a Sprint card I use, even at home, and it's like 3.9 cents per minute, w/ no hidden fees. You would have to talk 12.8 hours at that rate, to rack up $30.00 in charges. Of course, you did say he had a lot of parts.... Peter

SmilinSam
The guy could have died.......that situation has happened to me before. On the other end of the spectrum, A friend of mine has sold more than one item over the years, got paid in cash by the buyer who said they would be back in a couple of days to get it , never left a name or phone number and never came back for the stuff.