Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydraulic Lift on 716H

DoubleT

Mike my AC716H is currently being refurbed by me and I have been looking at the Simplicity repair manual for 7000& 7100 MODELS. Page N-2 Figure 2. Makes it look pretty simple. I'd love to do this upgrade unless it requires trading in my son and daughter, I'm still thinking this over because at times.......
I'm not always sure! Oh well the only things that would have to be done is to drill holes for the Control valve, and figure a way to mount the lift lever. And get all the required parts. I've seen and learned so much on this site that I'm sure we can get an answer and an idea of how much it might cost.
Come on guy's! HELP Jim..

Has anyone (hopefully with a conversion kit) put the newer hydraulic lift (from the AC918/SIMSov.) that is powered from the hydro-stat unit on a 716H or any 700 series AC or 7000 series SIM?
I am wondering why this wouldn't work?
Thanks, MS

Hi,
I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work. There might be some clearance problems with the formed lines. Iwouldn't expect them to be too bad. I have never done it, but I wouldn't view it as an insurmountable problem. You can buy the power steeering kit and put it on the 7100/ 900 series tractors also. I would expect that to be a much more complicated conversion to try on the 7000 /700 series, but I suspect it could be done. Remember the frame is different. My 2 cents worth and its free. Tell ya somethin???? AL

Al I've never seen the two frames together. All my thinking came from looking at pictures in the manual and dreaming of scotch when all I can afford is near beer. Thanks Jim

Only way to make this swap economical is to get a lift unit off a junker,GOOD LUCK finding that!...... Oh by the way J. Nemes has a 7790 diesel frame he might want to sell and it's got just what you need!pic of it is in classifieds! How bout it Mr N.? dlc

I know I have two postings on this subject but the first posting took me to another area of the site and I couldn't tell if it submitted.
Anyway is there a difference between the hydro units from the 700 series tractors to the 900 series. What would prevent you from connecting the hydraulic block to the back of a 70s or early 80s hydro unit like the newer tractros?
The plumbing and control/lever would not be difficult.
Thanks.
MS

Hi,
Another possibility would be to get an old small car power steering pump and a valve and small cylinder. Drive the pump off the drive shaft with a pulley like the old B10 and 12 hyd lifts did, do it with scrounged parts. Good luck, AL