Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hydraulic lift reversed

DanBov

My hydraulic lift lowers attachments when I push it to the raise position,and raises attachments when lever is in lower position. The hoses seem to be connected correctly from the valve body to the cylinder. Lift cables look right also.

The lift lever is Pushed forward to lower and Pulled back to raise. If this is the case then the cable is connected to the wrong side of the lift arm assy. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Pat - if you click on the poster's name on the left it brings up their profile. He must be refering ot the 7117.

The tractor is a 7117H. The mower deck cable can only be attached to the lift shaft one way.The cylinder is fully extended when I move lever to raise position.The lift shaft will turn counter clockwise looking from the lever side,and allow the mower cable to lower.Is this correct????

The correct way is. You push your hydraulic control lever forward to the front of the tractor to lower the mower deck and pull back to the back of the tractor to raise the mower deck. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Don't have an electric or hydraulic lift available to check right now, but from the parts breakdown it appears that the cylinder should extend to lower implements. The lift shaft should turn counter-clockwise, from the lever side, to lower implements. If this is not the case with your tractor, I would assume that the hydraulic connections are reversed on either the valve or the cylinder. Hope someone with a hydraulic lift will correct me if I am wrong. Pat

With the cylinder extended the deck is down with the cylinder retracted the deck is up. Here is a exploaded view of the hydraulic lift group showing hydraulic line routings as well as cylinder and cable hook points. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Thanks, Maynard. I thought that is what it looked like. Due to the length of the lines, it is not possible to have them reversed at the pump, is it? Pat

Maynard, It appears by your instructions that its working correctly. I guess my issue is with the console decal. I must not be reading it right..Thanks