Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
KeithB

210 AC axle tub

KeithB
Some how my axle tub broke just out side the case , does anyone know wher I could see a service manual picture. My parts book doesnt' show to much about repair Any help would be great Thanks Keith

Kent
Keith, I've never had to deal with a broken axle tube, personally. But, that topic has been discussed quite often in the past. I'd suggest that you try searching for "broken axle tube" and make sure to check the box to search the archives. There's lots of good info there, including posts like this one: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2653 There are at least two service manuals that will describe the procedure to replace it. One is the reprinted Allis-Chalmers B-Series Service Manual and the other is the Simplicity Large Frame Tractor Service Manual. I can't readily photocopy or post the Simplicity manual since it is copyrighted and still being sold new... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

thedaddycat
Take a look at the pics in my post "Transmission bearing depth in case" for the repair that was done on my 3310 before I got it.