Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"Bearing" Good News

powerking_one

Comrades: I 'requested the webmaster to have the following link added to the "Links" section under the Accessories-Parts section at simpltractors.com. It is for www.awbearings.com. They have an absolutey HUGE selection available, ON-LINE lookups, and best of all phenominal pricing. They are super friendly folks and have no problem with and will gladly take the smallest of orders via the phone. Orders ship out the same day with fair shipping rates. I found my very difficult to locate Timken inner wheel bearing w/integral seal for my Landlord (PN LM11900LA-902A1) at A&W. Their price $8.41; Simplicity's price ~$23.00! At local bearing distributors in my area (Baltimore), the going price was $13-$16 each. I think this addition to the links section would be of tremendous value and yield great cost savings to other Simpletractor Club members as well as general web-site visitors. Bearingly, Tom (PK)

Just a quick follow up to this about A & W. Got my bearings today; just as advertised and shipping/handling was only $5.00 (well worth the difference in buying just ONE of the LM11900LA's locally). I would have saved even more my getting the NAPA BR-2's from these guys instead. Now if we can just Kent to add the link as requested and stop "foot-draggin", we'd have real progress for all to see! Bearing down, Tom (PK)

Tom, Since you sent me an email requesting I add it to Simple trACtors, I thought you meant on the links page there. As mentioned elsewhere, I haven't been doing much work there, since I've been spending my spare time (?) working with clubhouse... You could have submitted it directly for the Clubhouse -- UCD did, and with one click I approved it and it was added.... I'm not "picking on you", just taking advantage of the opportunity to stress a point to everyone.... If you want to see a link added or submit an article, just click on the Submit New Resource link in the Resources section and fill out the form... With one click I can add it then... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Sorry Kent, Didn't mean to pick on you, I just thought the link was going under the simpletractors.com main page-- http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/links.htm(still would like to see it there). I figured the savvy casual surfer would see it easier/earlier than digging further down in the website and at the clubhouse level. Peace! Tom (PK)

• 2 weeks later...
just checked out their price for bearings on the mower deck (fafnir p204rr6) they want $10.17 (x6= 61.02) i can get them through local simplicity dealer for $7.29 (x6=43.74) and this is cheaper how?