Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I know, it aint "our" brand------but

StinKy

I just aquired an Ariens S-14-H tractor. Anyone know what brand of Hydrostat is in it? Also there is a decal on the frame cover that states Danger rotating fan. On the shaft into the hydro pump there looks to be a place where a fan might have been. The tractor runs fine and I suspect the fan has been missing for some length of time. Think I better find a fan anyhow?? Even if I cant find an original it wouldnt be very hard to "rig" up a replacement of some sort. I would also like to know if anyone has some orphaned attachments for this machine (tiller, s-blower, blade, yard vac etc.) Oh, yeah forgot to mention it has full width rear roller deck and with the hydraulic lift set to "float" she stripes just like my Landlord. Simplicity is still my favorite, but couldnt pass this Ariens up. Dick

A good place to start would be [url]http://www.ariens.com[/url] [url]http://www.ariens.com/support/order/[/url] Closest Dealer A.J.'S OUTDOOR POWER EQUIP. RR #1 BOX 203 B COVINGTON, PA 16917 Phone: 1-570-659-5245 Fax: 1-570-659-5254 Email: CHRISE@PTD.NET Distance: 24.12 miles away This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

I think they used the same sort of Sundstrand unit that is found in the Deere 140s and similar. Sam

Thanx, Maynard. I have heard of AJ's but didnt know he handled Ariens. Just got off phone with them, fan IS recomended and ordered one for the princely sum of $10.00. He also said he might have an owner-operator & parts manual laying in the bottom drawer I could have. Good People!! Dick

I sold my Ariens GT-14 a couple of weeks ago. If all is similar, it is a sunstrand transmission and the fan is located on the shaft about 6 inches from the hydrostat. I agree with the deck, it was quick attach, shaft driven, and full rollers just like a Simplicity. Ariens had some smart ideas added onto their tractors: transmission locks down when placed in park/start position, deck tension is adjustable (can lower 3-point without affecting deck). If the engine is a Kohler 321S, then it is a really good engine. For attachments, also look for most any Ariens S or GT compatable and New Holland products (New Holland S-14 is the Ariens S-14's sister). Good luck with it.

Forgot to add this. You can go to the Ariens website and order manuals (owners, parts, and repair) which cover the tractor and all attachments.

Went to AJ's Saturday and got my hydro fan and an operators manual with a yard vac manual thrown in for good measure. Yes these are really well built well engineered tractors. While at AJ's I saw a brand-new Simplicity 75th Anniversary model on his showroom floor----AWESOME ! ! If you live within a reasonable distance of the Mansfield-Covington Pa. area that tractor is worth the trip to see it. He will sell for $5999.00 if ya feel like a big spender..... Dick