Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmwers B1

foxhound

My dad found a A/C B1 that he is interested in restoring. Unfortunately he normally does farm tractors and doesn't have any knowledge of the lawn tractors. I hate to bother you guys with questions that you no doubt have answered many times but this website looks like the best resource i've found. Anyway : What years did the B1 get made? Are parts, manuals, and decals available? Roughly how much is the B1 worth in VG shape with the lawn roller and trailer included? The one my dad is looking at needs one trailer tire and paint only and they are asking $800. Its 7.5 HP engine runs great. Can any of you point me to a good lawn tractor book or website where i can get more info on the B1? Finally , is there a lawn tractor value guide out there the would estimate the value of a specific antique tractor? Thanks in advance for your time.

Here is a start for some of your questions. Some of your answers will probably answered starting from this page. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/models/ac_b-series.htm[/url]

Here's a listing of years made. http://www.simpletractors.com/X-reference/ac_s_pg1.htm You'll find most of what you'll need to know by browsing. Ask any question, nobody will be bothered.

Questions on value are always subjective. Simply, what someone is willing to pay, for a given machine on a given day. The values are increasing due to the popularity of these machines. I paid $280, for my B-207, with deck and snowthrower, in exc. mech. cond., but, needing cosmetic work. That was last year, and I think it would be hard to find a similar one now, for less than $400. But, sometimes you get lucky! There is a uniqueness and beauty, to the Bee's that will be sending the prices even higher, IMO. All that said, depending on condition, I personally, would venture a value at between $300 and $650, for a good running machine. Add value of implements and you are pretty close, to what I would consider a decent deal. Of course, someone else, might be willing to pay more....Good luck with yours....Art

$800 is too high in my opinion. More like $500. I THINK these were made in '60 and '61 but may not be correct. Go to the history page on the main Simpletractors page for more info. Also look at the Allis page on same site. Brent