Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Charlieson

3416h

Charlieson
Im going to look at a 3416H this afternoon after work. The price is right, if the tractor is in good shape it will follow me home. Now I have to figure out what to tell my wife. Maybe she will believe I found it along the road and it had no home. ddh

goatfarmer
Just stick it in the back of the garage,and throw some yard tools,boxes,etc on it. Then in a couple of weeks,when she discovers it,you can say"Oh that old tractor? I've had that for a while" kenny

Charlieson
Friend of mine used to do that with his guns. He bought one about every payday, but his cabinet only held 12. So he would rotate them between the cabinet and work, she never figured out the difference. I hope that this tractor is in decent shape. Sounds too good to be true. ddh

Charlieson
I bought it. $500.00 and it doesnt smoke. Deck seems to be tight, and hydraulics are working good. He was mowing his yard with it when I got there. Needs a battery and a seat, and some paint. Other than that I am in business. Now my son (11 months old) has his own Tractor. I will send a picture after I pick it up tommorrow.