Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hydrostatic slipping/bypassing?

joelk

Gentleman, I have a 3112H and have noticed lately that when accelering up hills, my tractor speed doesn't seem to respond to the movement in the hydraulic speed lever. I can hear the engine working hard, but the tractor doesn't speed up until I clear the hill. I am trying to understand what could be happening that would cause the engine to work hard, but not bog it down completely. Is there a bypass in the system? Could there be a flow blockage? If you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know. I did change the fluid this spring with the oil recomended in the owners manual, but did not change the filter. The oil level is up the the fill level.

Replace the filter it can restrict the oil flow as it fills up with particals it filters out. while your at it change the fluid again. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

I would agre with UCD change the filter and fluid once again, also on those tractors I would make sure the clutch is engaged all the way and that the hydro drive belt is not worn. On mine i had a habbit of setting the parking brake and not fully releasing it, it will move the unit fine until you hit a hill and realize that the pedal is a lil stuck. Good luck with her john