Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

811 GT II BELTS

AllenS

Does any one know where I can find belt diagrams for the mower deck and drive belts for a 1981 A-C 811 GT II 4spd ????(should be same as a 6100 Simp)Trying to help a friend over the phone.A few weeks ago someone gave me the web address to a parts catalog for the transaxle,I ordered and replaced the stripped drive gear and repaired the shift fork detent thanks to that but he came to town and picked up the unit,installed it and now says he has one foreward gear and three reverse !!!!! I know he has the belt routed wrong,it has a vertical shaft engine and a horizontal drive pulley but with out seeing it I have no idea what to tell him.I'am also quite sure he'll have trouble w/the deck belt. On a unrelated matter:after a lot of hints from club members(thanks MikeS)I have finally completed my late B-10 puller w/12 horse Briggs.I won the 1050lb stock class on my first outting and placed sixth in the 900lb class.It was alot of fun to beat those cubs and deere's,also just got a B-112 w/variable drive and hope to have it set for the opener next year.If you have a Simp/A-C just setting around and have ever thought of pulling go out and give it a try it's a blast and thease tractors perform.

Assuming the problem is with the belt installation, can't you just tell him to "reverse the twist" that he has in it now? I have no experience with these particular tractors, but like most everyone who's used one for a while, I've installed the mower drive belt backwards... All you have to do is twist the "figure 8" in the other direction to reverse the rotation on the driven pulley... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...