Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Wheel Bearings for Allis Chalmer 616

Does anyone know how to get the right rear bearings for the rear axle assy for an Allis Chalmer 616. I can not get new because they do not make them anymore. I need help to keep "Big Allis" running. Steve D.

JP
Hi, Can ya read what's on the bearings that are in there? If so, You can contact a bearing house and they will match it with what they sell. Or if you get one out intact, they can match it dimensionally. JP

powermax_paul
My Simplicity dealer sold me bearings recently for my 4041 drop housings and cross referenced them to a CaseIH #CAS536053R1 and #CAS536054R1 which are aparently the bearing and cone respectively. Total cost for two bearings & two cones was $18.10. The drop housings on the AC 616/620/720 & Simp. 4040/4041/9020 should all take the same bearings. Paul

Paul Kjorlie, The Norwegian

StanD
The 616 & 4040 have a smaller axle, thus different cone, bearing, & seal. I have gotten for 4040 & later models at Napa. If you need numbers I think I have them written down for both. StanD

Spyder
powerking_one wrote:
quote:
Comrades: I 'requested the webmaster to have the following link added to the "Links" section under the Accessories-Parts section at simpltractors.com. It is for [url]www.awbearings.com[/url] They have an absolutey HUGE selection available, ON-LINE lookups, and best of all phenominal pricing. They are super friendly folks and have no problem with and will gladly take the smallest of orders via the phone. Orders ship out the same day with fair shipping rates. I found my very difficult to locate Timken inner wheel bearing w/integral seal for my Landlord (PN LM11900LA-902A1) at A&W. Their price $8.41; Simplicity's price ~$23.00! At local bearing distributors in my area (Baltimore), the going price was $13-$16 each. I think this addition to the links section would be of tremendous value and yield great cost savings to other Simpletractor Club members as well as general web-site visitors. Bearingly, Tom (PK)
Personally, I had a terrible time tryilng to buy bearings at NAPA. So I went to the bearing professionals and got much better results, and at some saving of money. Some NAPA's may have the personnel that know bearings, but my local store doesn't. Motion Industries is also an excellent resource for bearings, hydraulics, and other parts....DaveG

TBOLT
the NAPA CR BR6 at my local store was 6.11+tax, the grease seal part#168058 at my local AGCO ALLIS dealer was 3.03-no tax. the original bearing number from my old bearing is LM 67010 TYSON USA if it will better help you. GOOD LUCK, TONY