Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Saratoga

b-112 variable speed onto a b-110

Kent
Dave, It's almost "too much to do" unless you're up for a major project-- it would be very similar to my variable to hydro conversion. In fact, I'd go to the hydro if I were going to put this much work into it. You'd basically have to swap out everything from the bevel gear box back -- frame arms (they're 4" longer), BGB, tranny, linkage, etc. Even the BGB and tranny used threaded shafts with a keyway -- not just a keyway.... Then, you'd have to somehow mount the variable speed control lever and linkage. The variable speeds had a "tube" in the side of the frame that the cross-shaft for the linkage arm went into... Does the B-110 frame have an empty one, just above and slightly in front of the parking brake? I really don't know. I simply had to cut mine off where it stuck out -- you might have to add one. You could certainly do it, but I'd look for a whole donor tractor if I were going to do it. It'd be about as easy to swap your good components onto that frame and running gear... My 2 cents... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...