Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
KSever

6 speed 717

KSever
Picked up the last option for the 717 today. I got the Hi-LO option for the transmission and am going to change the 2 speed transaxle over to a 3 speed and then put on the hi-lo. Hopefully I'll have a 6 speed 717 with 2 reverse. With all these new speeds I should be able to blow snow without clogging I hope, But mostly I have I think every option the 717 came with on the tractor that is. It was a fun day shopping at the Pierces. And Neal, I won't say a word about the Pallet lift, but you did change the spark plug.LOL Kris

KSever
Got the rearend all together today and works just great after I rebuilt the hi/lo casing (had to be welded). I can't believe 6 forward and 2 reverse. And Sam, you were very right slow is slow ( I think a snail crawls faster) but it will be great for snowblowing. Just have to have new decals made for the 3 speed shifter and the hi/lo shifter and it should be done for a while. Had some neighbor ask me tonight what year tractor this is and I really couldn't answer because I've had to find most of the options it was suppose to come with off different year tractors, But I said I believe it's still a '67 717 LOL

SmilinSam
Kris, now all you have to do is get practiced for the pylon race in October at McGills club meet..... and I need to remember to bring my glasses this time..LoL Sam