Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Case-IH 245 Tractor

Brent_Baumer

I'm looking for info on a Case-IH 245 tractor (specs and value mostly) but have had no luck doing a web search. Anyone know the horsepower of this tractor (it is NOT a garden tractor) and comparable tractors of other makes (like deere, kubota, ford, allis etc.)? Where I can find specs on it? Thanks, Brent

Funny can't find any mention at all on this tractor. There is a 20-45, though.....Art http://www.antiquetractors.com/Research/prodnum.htm

I have found references to a Case-IH 245 on several sites, like auctions and parts for sale, but no specs or even pictures. There is one for sale at an auction near here with a 5' rear (PTO) mower and a loader. I cannot tell just how big it is from the picture in the auction ad. It is not an antique. Brent

My cousin just traded in his Case/IH 245 with a 5' Woods belly mower. He abused the heck out of it. Looks pretty beat up and the Woods mower is virtually destroyed. Mechanically, the tractor has stood up to everything he could throw at it. Never had a problem with it in eight years, except when his sister filled it with gasoline two years ago. She ran it till it quit. He drained the fuel from the tank and filters, bled the injector lines and it ran like a champ. Don't know who made it, or what the specs are, however. I believe he said it was a 20 horsepower unit. As to value, the dealer that took it in has a price of $8,000 on it. Pat