Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1965 Briggs Carb ID?

whizcat

1965 Simplicity Owner, 10HP Briggs engine: Need to identify the carb so I can order a needle valve assembly. Engine model is 243431, type 0123-01. How can I learn carb ID?[url][/url]

Its in your model number..243431...24=cubic inch..3=basic design of series 4=crankshaft,carburetor,governor..3=PTO bearing,reduction gear, aux drive,lube...1=starter type... the fourth number in your model number is the one your looking for to ID carbs..and the number 4 = Horizonal Shaft,"Flo Jet Carburetor",Mechanical Governor If it has a sepperate manifold its what they call a two piece large flo jet carb Im not sure if this was what you were looking for but hope it helps Charby...

Wow! Thanx for info on how to decode my engine number. I'm pasting your note to my wall. Now if I can just figure out how to equate this description to somebody's part number for a carb overhaul kit that includes the right needle valve, gaskets, etc. I'll be on my way. Again, thanx, and thanx to admin for e-mailing me.

Think you need Briggs & Stratton part No. 391071 kit carb overhaul. Browse http://www.briggsandstratton.com and plug in your engine numbers and download a parts list for your engine. gregc

Bingo! I now have a complete, illustrated engine parts list for my tractor's engine. As my mother used to tell me, who you know is often more important than what you know. I don't know a lot about how to find engine parts (obviously), but now I sure know someone who does. Thanx a bunch guys. Hopefully, someday I can return the favor