Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2010 and 3410 found in boneyard

dirtsaver

Okay gang bail me out here please! I went to my friendly boneyard this afternoon to find some deck hangers for a Poulan a buddy is working on and what do I see? A 3410 complete but broken rod in the cast iron Briggs 10hp AND a 2010 with no engine or deck or grill but good sheetmetal and 3spd rear end.plus the top lift and what appears to be an auxilary pto setup that mounts on the top lift shaft. I like the fact too that the lift on the 2010 has a solid rod instead of the cable on my 7117. First question is have I found something really good? Second question isdoes the engine mount direct to the frame or is there supposed to be some type of motor mount on the frame? Sorry this is so long and thanks for any input! Larry

Correction on the 3410. I forgot to add that this tractor has a Shuttle trans, is this a good unit? Larry

I have a 3410 LandLord ,which was my first Simplicity,and is also my favorite. Mine has the straight 3 speed,can't help with the shuttle. The original engine bolted directly to the frame.When I repowered with an 11 HP Briggs,the new engine sat lower,so I had to use mounts to raise it. I also have a 2110,which is a year or 2 newer than the 2010 you found.Just aquired it,and besides a blown engine,don't know much about it. kenny

I purchased a 3410 a while back it is complete minus the carb/air cleaner,gas tank and steering wheel. The motor does turn. I bought it for the mower deck and a few spare parts for my AC 710. I also saw a simp 7117 this weekend in Delaware I stopped at the house but did not see anyone home. Is the 7117 a good tractor?

Personally, the 2010s, the Landlord 101s (what they were first called), and 2012s are my favorite Simplicities.... They have the classic look and their short wheelbase makes them so maneuverable that they're much more fun to drive... But, then again, I'm known as a foot-dragger, so what do I know? The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

I duno, I have heard that foot-draggers are more down to earth. Larry, I personally do not like the shuttle rear ends. They are troublesome when to keep adjusted when they get worn some. The 2010 sounds like it might be good for a parts tractor or to build up. I also like the style of them, a lot like my b-10. Dan

Does the 2010 have a lot shorter wheelbase than the 2110? Are the frames the same, but with different fenders? Just curious as to the differences.

The 2010 should have the same wheelbase as the 2110. It was the variable speed & hydro transmissions that caused them to "stretch" the wheelbase... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Thanks gang ! Sam > The PTO on this tractor looks similar but not as bulky and simpler. It mounts on the rod of the top lift.It has two pulleys and an idler and engagement lever. John > The 7117 (actually a 17GTH-L, 91 model) is the best tractor I have ever owned! Kent > You have me thinking this may be the 2110 as it looks newer than your pic. I think I will buy both and play with them! Thanks everyone! larry

Does it look like this? If so, it is a 2110 or a 2210... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Sounds like its a drive assembly for a 32" roto tiller attachment. If its all there there should be a small pulley on the end of the bevel gear box shaft and a belt release bracket directly behind that towarsd the back of the tractor. Theres alot of demand for that assembly from people who have the tiller and no drive assembly. Most of the time owners sold the tractors or the tillers and ended up leaving the drives on the tractors by mistake. Sam

We are batting 1000 tonight! Kent > That is the tractor and I remember the 2110 decal. it is a straight 3spd and I see that it is missing the white side panels but they can be fabricated I think. You have me dreaming and scheming with that pic! Sam > You are exactly right on your description of the PTO unit, sounds like I better grab this tractor up! Thanks again! Larry

Larry, did you buy the 3410? I am not sure whether I should part out my 3410 or try and locate all of the missing pieces (drive shaft, gas tank, carb/air cleaner). the sheet metal is all there but a there is a dent here or there. The frame looks to be the same as my AC 710 and I could use the BGB and PTO as a spare. If you did purchase the 3410 would you be willing to sell the carb & air cleaner? John H

Hey John! The 3410 is too good to part out if everything works. I am going this weekend to buy both tractors and since the 3410 is complete I will start with it and put a new rod in and see how it does. If the shuttle or BGB is bad I will let you know about parts. Larry

UPDATE! I bought the 2110, ouch! 50 bucks for a parts tractor for my next project. The 3410 he wants 300 for so if any of you guys have a lot more cash than me I'll tell you where it is. I dont know if it is worth that much or not with a lot of rust at the lower console and a broken rod. now I have run across a 3012 or 3112 that runs but needs TLC and a B-208 that is really pretty nice in Southern Indiana, plus a 620/720 leaning next to a barn. Here I go again! Larry PS if you need an old Wisconson off a hay baler I found two Sat. One is a single and the other is a twin, heavy dudes in good shape for $475 each but dont know if they run!

$50.00 ain't too bad.I paid $100.00(he was asking TWICE that) for the 2110 I just bought. Complete,with a blown motor. Sometimes,people think they're sitting on a goldmine,when really they have LEAD!