Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-110 / B-112 parts compatability?

stumpy

Checked out some stuff on e-bay mentioned here and had another foolish question. Are many of the B-110 and B-112 parts identical? Wouldn't mind having the gearbox and various seals/bearings/etc. for a tranny the fella is peddling from a B-110 if it will all fit in my B-112. Thanks again for the help from a neophyte. Bob "Stumpy" Hazelbrook

Essentially everything in the drivetrain from the bevel gear box(BGB) back is different. The BGB and transmission on the B-112 have threaded shafts for the variable speed drive, the B-110 does not. I think the center PTOs are the same, and the rear lift (should it have one) though the lift rods are a different length. Up front, everything should esentially be the same except for the engine and front wheels... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Thanks much....haven't torn things down enough to know these things off the top of my head. Once again I have been handily prevented from expense and misery. Bob "Stumpy" Hazelbrook

I just checked those eBay auctions you mentioned... one more bit of info... Those are NOT B-110 parts -- they're B-10 parts as far as I can tell. The dash, grille, etc., are obviously not from a B-110. Further, if the 23D engine he's selling came from it, it is a 9HP (i.e. early) B-10... The title of at least some of his ads is now correct, but the text is not. For example, this dash is obviously not from a B-110... Here's the ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2041367116 In addition to the obviously different dash and grille, there would likely be lots of little differences between those parts and those appropriate for a B-110 or B-112. For example, I know the center PTOs changed during that timeframe... or that the thottle/choke controls and cables, etc. that have minor differences. That said, they look like they're clean parts in pretty darned good condition... should someone be needing them and can nail down whether they're exactly what you need.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Kent, Yup...I noticed the assorted tin items were from the earlier B. Just wasn't sure about the mechanical stuff. Wish there were more AC afficianados out in the far west....heck, I might hafta move to the center of the country just to make part quests easier. Bob "Stumpy" Hazelbrook