Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
stumpy

AC Vertical stack

stumpy
Added a vertical stack with a flapper to my B-112 last night, somewhat similar but not exactly like what Brad Weis illustrates on the website. It's not stock, but I surely like it...sounds a bit like my old "Johnny Popper" now, and definitely adds character (although additional character wasn't necessary). Has anyone else done this and if so, have you added additional bracing from a headbolt, etc.? Bob "Stumpy" Hazelbrook

HubbardRA
We run a vertical pipe on our pulling tractor. Currently we are using a motorcycle megaphone unit. I ran a brace from the pipe to one of the engine shroud bolts to prevent the fittings from loosening up. Ours gets ridden around on a trailor quite a bit and the road vibrations will loosen up nearly anything. Rod H.

tmerideth
I am running vertical stacks on an AC 710 with Kohler, vertical pipe on the right side viewed from the operator's seat, and an AC B110, vertical pipe on the left, viewed from the operator's seat. Neither has any additional bracing and I have not experienced any problem with either unit. The AC 710 exhaust extensions run back across the front of the engine to the opposite side due to interference with the air cleaner on the 10 HP Kohler. The Briggs does not have that interference. On both units I locked the 1" threaded pipes together with locknuts and that has held both of these systems very tight. You are right, vertical does add a bit of character, IMHO. Tom