Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AIR FILTER--HOW MANY SAME???

Stush

Want to know how many diffrent tractors use the same air filter as my AC616. I have been in touch with K&N Filters (they make automotive , motorcycle, and some garden tractor filters). Their filters are washable(like the old onans were). I think they advertise as "the million mile filter". Just maybe if there is enough demand they might start making a filter for our application. PS my manual shows the AC620 using same air filter--different housing.

I too use K&N filters, on my Crown Victoria(4.6L V-8) and Sportster (1L V-twin). I got almost 30 mpg with the car on my trip out to Michigan and back. Perhaps some of the ones they make for the motorcycle market will work for us.

K&N makes to following filters: B&S Part # / K&N Part # 296188 / E-4380 392308 / E-4140 392642 / E-4660 393292 / E-4970 393957 / E-4370 396424 / E-4141 Kohler Part # / K&N Part # 231847 / E-4400 235116 / E-2470 230840 / E-4380 4508302 / E-4583 4708304 / E-4655 Onan / K&N Part # CCKB engine (oval) / E-4960

I have tried several times to get K & N to make a air filter for the Kohler OHC twin in the new Sovereigns. So far I have been unsuccessful. Maybe if more people made the request we could get a favorable response.

Roy

my local dealer told me to "guard it with my life" the new in the box extra air filter i got with my 616. He said a new one was 80 something dollars. Is he jokin?

Your dealer isn't joking. I recently purchased an Onan air filter for my Pow'rMax for $80+ including sales tax. The only good news is that the new air filter is designed differently and I believe you could find an appropriate round air filter like the one on my 16HP Kohler and use it with the new Onan air filter metal shell. Carl

WOW! hope I dont need one for a while. Would be nice for someone else to make it and make it reasonably priced.