Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

montgomery wards garden mark HELP!

tman

I got a free old tractor today! its a montgomery wards garden mark this morning my mom woke me up to say "there is an old riding tracto down the road with a free sign on it" we went to see it and it was all there except the guards. the guy said it didint run and someone was supposed to fix it but never did and he said it had a used tranny on it but theres something wrong and it wont drive. My father and I took it home tonight and we checked the oil and the spark and dumped gas in the carb and started it up and it ran rough. New sparkplug and it runs great! Its mower blade is trash and it seems to need a shear pin for the rear axle as the sprocket turns on the axle. I need t know where the wires go from the metal can on the motor two have terminals that fit ones on the tranny and how much is a running mowing driveable one worth and what year did they make these sorry about the long post thanks in advance for the help I replaced the key but the diff seems stripped... UH-oh! any advice its been repainted orange but underneath its gold so I think its not supposed to be oraney-red

Nice find for free!! Around here,no one knows the meaning of free. Blown engine,missing parts means at least $200.00.

I have ~ 1963-64 Garden Mark I judged the date from the pictures on this site. You will have to look around this site to see if your garden mark is a simplicity. What color is your tractor? mine is orange and it had a gold colored mower deck. I think the mower deck is a newer model (late sixties). Good luck John H

I have a 61 Garden Mark Squire. Your description doesn't sound like mine. A picture would help. Rod H.