Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A few measurements from a B-10 type please?

DoubleT

Thanks guys. That just leaves the starter pulley size. I have the books thanks to Kent and Simplicity. And Dave sent me the steering wheel, carb kit, and gen bracket. For a doner tractor, all I've been able to find for A-C or Simplicity in existance here is the Big Ten I have, a 101 that seemed real new before being dismantled with a hot wrench, engine, final drive, and most all smaller pieces gone. But I do have a mower deck, rototiller, and the PTO goodies with it. And another 101 that seems complete in pieces the woman wants $500 for it.(Very little compression on engine) And a complete 700 that my boss wants left sitting in the company yard for another 20 years. The Simplicity dealer only has one new Toro, and no Simplicitys at his place. All there is in anyones yards are those gray belt-burners (Sears), and just a few Deeres. I don't believe we ever had a dealer here.

Thanks guys. That just leaves the starter pulley size. I have the books thanks to Kent and Simplicity. And Dave sent me the steering wheel, carb kit, and gen bracket. For a doner tractor, all I've been able to find for A-C or Simplicity in existance here is the Big Ten I have, a 101 that seemed real new before being dismantled with a hot wrench, engine, final drive, and most all smaller pieces gone. But I do have a mower deck, rototiller, and the PTO goodies with it. And another 101 that seems complete in pieces the woman wants $500 for it.(Very little compression on engine) And a complete 700 that my boss wants left sitting in the company yard for another 20 years. The Simplicity dealer only has one new Toro, and no Simplicitys at his place. All there is in anyones yards are those gray belt-burners (Sears), and just a few Deeres. I don't believe we ever had a dealer here.

I need the diameter only of the transmission input shaft pulley, and of the generator pulley for a Big Ten, B-10 or other similar tractor, so that I can aquire them locally. As some may not be aware, I'm trying to put together a Big Ten that had all the external misc parts missing. And my local Simplicity dealer says "I don't fool with that old junk". So I'll have to try and get what I can from a hardware store. (next nearest dealer 300 miles away)

Bruce, The pulley on my B10 is 8" and the V measures 5/8th across at the top (inside measurement). There is also an optional 10" pulley if you want to slow the tractor down for tilling or such. There are several people in this club that could help you with finding new or used parts for your B10. Do you have a repair manual so you know how it all goes together, If not let me know and I can have mine copied. Sounds like your dealer needs an attitude adjustment. You can still get many parts new. Tim

Best to try and get a "donar" tractor and use OEM parts, especially if you need the clutch brackets, pulleys ect - new parts will probably be too expensive if you are going to need everything. Try DLC at dlc@pioneeris.net. If he doesn't have anything he can keep an eye out at his local auctions where things can be relatively cheap. Yours should be the same as early Simplicity Landlords, 9HP,101&2010.