Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gatorblades

JohnInMI

What's the consensus on gator blades? Who has them? Who likes them? Who doesn't like them? I called my local dealer and asked for mulching blades for my 2110 and the parts guy said they don't have mulching blades, but that everyone around here swears by the gatorblades. he quoted $13.78 each which doesn't seem too bad compared to a couple of websites I saw.

John, Here's a self-service tip. Click on -search discussions-, put in -gator blades- in the search field. View the various discussions and responses. Go back and search again, but this time check the -archived topics- box. Between the two, you should have 15 or so topics to browse. Some others may want to chime in though on your current topic. Tom(PK)

I like mine on my "63 wards. I really can't wait till the leaf season and try the gators on my "new to me" 42" mower deck that I use on my '78 AC710 6 speed. You can count me as a "yes I like them". I got mine from Jacks small engines. Good luck, John H

I did a search and found a couple of topics. I didn't try to look in the archived topics though. Thanks for the tip!

I was told by a neighbor that installed gator blades on his Sovereign mower deck that they leave a thin strip of uncut grass when making sharp turns. Can someone that has installed gator blades on a Sovereign verify this?