Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

side cover

RayS

does anybody know if simplicity or allis made a side cover that covers up the gas tank on a 3112h that has power lift. I found a tractor that has a power lift unit on it, without a cover and the hoses that stick out the side of the tractor don`t seem to allow you to use the cover thats on a manual lift tractor. thanks for the help ray

Ray, The left side cover was a very short one -- in comparison, it ended just below the curve on the side, near where the hole for the fuel line is.... The fuel tank is hidden, but the hydraulic tank and hoses are still visible so you can add oil to the hydraulics... I carefully trimmed one off a tractor with a manual lift for by B-210 with hydraulic lift.... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Kent, That looks exactly like my tractor. Except yours is cleaner. And has better paint and lights. And it doesn't have a shifter in front of the seat. Steve

Steve, This one is kind of different... it has the whole rear end from the bevel gear box back out of an Allis-Chalmers 716H (Sundstrand hydro, etc.). That's why it doesn't have a gear shift handle in the center... Since the picture was taken I've replaced the 10Hp with a .020-over Briggs 16hp single-cylinder... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...